I always stick the overripe bananas no-one wants to the freezer for later use. I peel and chop them before freezing them in a jar or a ziploc bag. When processed in a blender they make fast and easy ice creams.
Rhubarb and banana are both on the low-FODMAP list. Don't eat too much of it though, it all adds up with the coconut milks and maple syrups. I think this could be done without the maple syrup too if you don't mind it being slightly sour.
Rhubarb-Banana Frozen Yoghurt
vegan, (autoimmune) paleo, low-FODMAP
2 overripe frozen bananas (chopped in pieces)
1 cup frozen rhubarb (chopped)
1/3 cup coconut kefir (you can replace this with coconut milk if you don't have kefir at hand)
1 cup frozen rhubarb (chopped)
1/3 cup coconut kefir (you can replace this with coconut milk if you don't have kefir at hand)
Optional: 2 tbsp maple syrup (grade B)
1 inch piece of vanilla (scrape with a knife the black seeds from inside of the bean and use just those)
1 inch piece of vanilla (scrape with a knife the black seeds from inside of the bean and use just those)
Put all ingredients in the blender and blend until smooth.
It becomes the consistency of soft serve.
I LOVE rhubarb. I bet banana adds the perfect touch of sweetness, too :)
ReplyDeleteYep. It was interesting, the kids thought it was strawberry ice cream after tasting it!
ReplyDeleteVision Speaker Your detailed article presents the key details effectively and gives readers several valuable takeaways. The key ideas are easy to remember.
ReplyDelete