Sunday, June 10, 2012

Grain free and nut free "Lärabars"

I will send this recipe now so I have it somewhere when I next time need it! We are going backpacking and I can't eat nuts so I made myself some nutfree grainfree lärabars. You could also use nuts instead of the seeds. If anyone has grain free backpacking /camping recipes, please share! I am especially looking for something easy to make for breakfast. Does anyone have a recipe for grain free / nut free crackers?



Granola bars
nut free, grain free, vegan, sugar free

1 cup pitted dates
1.5 cup combination of different seeds and coconut (optional, can be replaced with seeds), some I have soaked, sprouted and dried, some are not, all are raw though (I used around half a cup of sunflower seeds, half a cup of pumpkin seeds, 2 tbsp coconut flakes, 2 tbsp hemp seeds, 2 tbsp chia seeds and 2 tbsp of some other type of pumpkin seeds I had)
a handful of dried figs or apricots, I have tried both (you could also use any other dried fruit), probably close to half a cup
a pinch of sea salt
(a pinch of stevia)
(I once added vanilla extract too, or Ikea's vanilla sugar, it has potato starch in it)

optional: coconut flour or water depending how it turns out

Put all the ingredients except the handful of dried fruit in a food processor. Process for a bit and later add the dried fruit (I add them last so there will be bigger chunks of this fruit) and process until mixture forms a ball in the processor. If it is too dry and won't form a ball, add tiny bit of water until it forms a ball. If it seems too wet, sprinkle in some coconut flour. Press the mixture in a glass pyrex dish and let sit in the fridge for an hour, then cut in squares. If it has turned out too moist/sticky, I have kept it without a lid in the fridge or cold oven for a while until some of the moisture has evaporated before I cut it.

No comments:

Post a Comment