Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Barbeque Sauce


I wanted to make country style pork ribs in the oven and googled for recipes. Many recipes required barbeque sauce. I googled next for barbeque sauce recipes and based on my findings I developed this paleo and autoimmune paleo friendly recipe.


Tomato Free Barbeque Sauce
paleo, AIP, night shade free, gluten free, dairy free, refined sugar free, corn free, soy free, egg free

1 cup pureed pumpkin (apple sauce could work too)
3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp coconut oil
1 tbsp molasses
1/3 cup maple syrup
3 cloves of garlic, crushed
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp coconut aminos
1 tsp fresh ginger, grated

1. In a saucepan, sautee slightly the garlic and ginger in coconut oil. Be careful not to burn them.
2. Add all other ingredients. Bring to a boil.
3. Simmer on low for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Use on your favorite barbeque meats and veggies. Pour the rest into a glass jar and refrigerate.

21 comments:

  1. I chose this as one of my featured favorites at this week's AIP Recipe Roundtable. Thanks for sharing it, Sirpa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) Just noticed I never responded! :)

      Delete
  2. I imagine this sauce with an applesauce base would be amazing with pork! :) I look forward to trying it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will have to try it too! Let me know if you try it how it works out!

      Delete
  3. Just made this and it is so amazing!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy to hear that Alexandra! Enjoy! Thanks for the feedback!

      Delete
  4. I'm making this now with applesauce. :) VERY excited! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. VERDICT: Seriously delish!! I made it with applesauce and 2 T. coconut sugar (since I was out of maple syrup). I made mine smooth by sticking the immersion blender down into my mason jar -- which I HIGHLY recommend. This recipe is a keeper! Thanks again, Sirpa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woohoo! I will try it with your substitutions too! Thank you!

      Delete
  6. Made this tonight and it was good. Currently following AIP and this was a great sauce to add some flavor!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I´m going to use your recipe tonight! Sounds great and I´m sure it will taste awesome!

    Kiitos!
    torontocooks.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is delicious. I tripled the recipe and threw it all into the Vitamix after simmering to smooth out the garlic and ginger. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing this amazing blog and the details about barbecue sauce really awesome.
    Good work.

    BBQ SAUCE

    ReplyDelete
  10. If you are food lover and crazy about Barbecue food want to all grilling related tools for BBQ cooking outdoor camping you must to visit of our ebay store

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have read many blogs in the net but have never come across such a well written blog. Good work keep it up
    Bread Roll Recipe In Hindi

    ReplyDelete
  12. Most valuable and fantastic blog I really appreciate your work which you have done about the Bread Roll,many thanks and keep it up.
    Quick Bread Roll Recipe

    ReplyDelete
  13. Can't wait to try this. Does anyone know if you can bottle and process this recipe to always have it on hand. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  14. If this person was brilliant and enterprising, he'd proceed to build an ATMOSPHERE by building farms and restaurants.

    mattress encasement

    ReplyDelete