Sunday, April 6, 2014

Lemon Panna Cotta with Caramel Sauce

I tasted Meyer lemon pannacotta recently in an event and it was so delicious I realized I just have to recreate it at home. Besides we all know how healing gelatin is to the gut... This does have plenty of alternative sugars so even if it is autoimmune paleo friendly it is meant to be only an occasional treat.


I knew the ingredients because I asked before accepting the food to see if I could eat it: coconut milk, gelatin, lemon and honey.

Here's my version! Enjoy!

Lemon Pannacotta

3 cups full fat additive free coconut milk (I use Aroy-D and Chaokoh)
1/3 cup honey
1 vanilla bean, cut in half (optional, some avoid vanilla bean on autoimmune paleo protocol)
zest of one lemon
pinch of sea salt
2 tsp grassfed gelatin (I use this one)
4 tbsp cold water

1. Mix gelatin with water in a small bowl and put aside.
2. Add other ingredients to a sauce pan and bring to boil.
3. Add the gelatin and mix until it has dissolved.
4. Let sit for a few minutes to let the flavors absorb.
5. Strain in serving bowls and refrigerate for a few hours or until solidified. Serve with caramel sauce.

Caramel sauce:

juice of one lemon
2 tbsp maple sugar (I like this one)
1/2 cup coconut milk
pinch of salt
1/4 tsp ground vanilla bean (optional, leave out if you avoid vanilla bean on AIP)

1. Measure ingredients in a sauce pan. 
2. Bring to boil and simmer on low for 10 minutes. Stir the sauce constantly so it doesn't burn.
3. Let cool down a bit and serve with the pannacotta.

No comments:

Post a Comment