Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Marinated Olives


Anytime I serve these olives to anyone, they ask for the recipe. Some even say they are the best marinated olives they have ever tasted. I have to confess now upfront that the recipe is not mine originally. I wish it was. I have stolen the idea from a restaurant called Silvoplee in Helsinki, Finland. Silvoplee serves delicious vegetarian, raw and alive foods. Of course I don't know their recipe exactly but I have done my best to copy it. This is a great appetizer or a snack. Put some in your salad, too.

Marinated Olives

Good quality naturally cured olives (no white vinegar, preferably olives in just water and salt)
A couple of cloves of garlic, crushed
A bunch of fresh cilantro, cut fine with scissors
Good quality olive oil

Add olives, cilantro and garlic to a bowl and drizzle just enough olive oil on them that you can mix them easily. Let marinate in the fridge at least for a few hours, preferably overnight or a day or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment