Monday, October 19, 2009

Soon-to-be massage therapist reporting

I have been so busy that it is not even true! The massage school (Hands on Healing Institute) has been life changing experience for me. Further understanding the connection of body, mind and spirit, how to help the body heal itself and increasing my own body awareness has been an amazing experience. Learning Swedish massage has been wonderful but I think I will also take a lot more electives in other modalities. I am now taking myofascial release, aromatherapy and craniosacral therapy classes first and probably some more later.

I also figured out a way to combine the crafts with the massage business. Kaiku Lifestyle will offer holistic bodywork services and natural recycled and handmade crafts, but maybe with a slight emphasis on heat therapy wraps and possibly some other therapeutic products in the future. I will open the Etsy store soon when I have everything set up.

We are definitively enjoying our new home and life in California although I find moments when I miss my other homes in Finland and Louisiana too.

No comments:

Post a Comment