I don't make a lot of sweets but then there are special occasions. I made these for my three year old's birthday. Technically these cupcakes are AIP legal as well but they might be too sugary as some may try to avoid even natural sweeteners. Some avoid vanilla bean as well and that could be left out. I like to make mini cupcakes so that you can eat just a small bite. Then again, if you eat five mini cupcakes because they are soooo good... Hmmm. These were very good. I might have had more than one.
grain free, vegan, paleo, refined sugar free
makes about 24 mini cupcakes
1/2 cup coconut flour (I use this one, affiliate link)
1/4 tsp baking soda
a pinch of salt (I like to use Himalayan pink salt, affiliate link)
1 apple peeled and grated/pureed
1/2 tsp ground vanilla bean (I use this one, affiliate link)
1/2 cup maple syrup (or honey)
1/2 cup coconut kefir
1. Preheat your oven to 350F and line your cupcake pan.
2. Mix coconut flour, baking soda, salt and vanilla bean in a bowl.
3. Mix finely grated apple, maple syrup and coconut kefir in another bowl.
4. Combine the wet and dry ingredients and mix.
5. Pour into muffin pan and bake for 20 minutes or until done.
6. Let cool and frost.
grain free, vegan, paleo, corn free, refined sugar free
1 cup organic palm shortening (this one is great, affiliate link)
1/3 cup maple syrup
a pinch of ground vanilla bean (I use this one, affiliate link)
8 smallish strawberries, cut in small pieces
1 tbsp lime juice
1. Measure all ingredients in a bowl and mix with a hand mixer until desired consistency. You might have to mix for even 5-10 minutes. It starts separating first but just keep going.
2. Decorate the cupcakes and serve immediately or refridgerate.