Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Surviving Day 6 on Autoimmune Paleo Diet Experiment

Today despite of feeling still good in my body I am feeling tired and desperate. Planning meals, grocery lists is tiresome! Lunches for kids, snacks for the go, dinners for slow cookers for days you won't be home until dinner time. Phew! But I think the planning is still the key. And cooking lots of food ahead of time so that there is always leftovers or something to eat when you get hungry. If you make a wrap in collard greens for breakfast as we did today - make another as you have the stuff out for lunch and put it in the fridge. My tips for myself and anyone else starting this or any paleo diet are:

1. Plan several days ahead before you start the diet.
2. Keep planning ahead as you proceed so that you can keep one step ahead.
3. Cook big batches so that you always have leftovers.
4. Buy a lot of food at once so you don't have to run to the store and the Farmers market constantly.
5. Get enough rest.
6. Get others in your household to help. Do not try to do it all by yourself.
7. Don't stress, it is just food. You'll be fine. It doesn't have to be perfect.

As a side note: Just to see I have eliminated garlic and onions now as well (and asparagus as it is in their family) as asparagus has showed up in my IgG food allergy test.  I feel the sweet potatoes don't agree with me so well so I will eliminate those as well. And since we now are eliminating I might try eliminating coconut for a while and tea to see how I feel. I have always been curious about it. And on the days I have had a lot of coconut my stomach has felt weird. It could be just too much fructose. But one thing at a time!


No comments:

Post a Comment